From the pages of
The Sublette County Journal
Volume 4, Number 37 - 5/11/00
brought to you online by Pinedale Online

Elk, Deer and Antelope License Applications Due May 31

CHEYENNE - It's time for Wyomingites to submit their applications for elk, deer and antelope licenses.

Applications must be received at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department's Cheyenne office by 5 pm. May 31.

Tom Rowe, the G&F's license draw manager, reports the voluntary "Access Yes" donation is the major change to the 2000 application. "Hunters are also alerted all reduced price (doe/fawn, cow/calf) licenses are now all listed as type 6 or 7 to help simplify applying for those tags," Rowe said.

He asks hunters to fill out and return the survey on page 47 of the application booklet. "Results of the survey will help us provide better customer service to big game applicants," he said.

Compared to buck licenses, the G&F receives very few doe/fawn deer and antelope applications. "I urge hunters to apply for their doe/fawn licenses in the drawing so they don't have to take the chance of the tags being available at license agents," Rowe said.

Hunters who only want to hunt a doe/fawn deer or antelope if they draw their buck license, can mark a box on the application that only enters them in the doe/fawn drawing if successful in the type 1 or buck drawing.

The survey also asks hunters how they want reduced price licenses to be marketed in the future.

He asks applicants to make sure they sign their application and provide the number of their driver's license or previous year's hunting or fishing license, or fill out the proof of residency on the back of the form. Hunters applying for a general elk or deer license are asked to write "GEN" in the area box instead of the number of the general area they plan to hunt.

Rowe says it is also a good idea for hunters to have permission lined up before applying for a private land hunt area.

Deer, elk and antelope applications are available at license agents and G&F offices. Like past years, resident hunters can purchase general elk and deer licenses from license agents July 1 through the end of the season.

Hunters can check season dates and quotas before applying by calling (800) 842-1934 or by picking up a "summary map" for deer, elk or antelope at license agents or G&F offices.

See The Archives for past articles.

Copyright © 1999, 2000 The Sublette County Journal
All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means must have permission of the Publisher.
The Sublette County Journal, PO Box 3010, Pinedale, WY 82941   Phone 307-367-3713
Publisher/Editor: Rob Shaul